March 4 –Chancery Notice Extracts
This is an extract from the Chancery Notice on March 4, 2020:
- Suspension on all public Penitential Services (with individual confessions) with immediate effect.
- For any urgent requests for confession, kindly contact your parish office to make a personal appointment with the priest.
In addition to the above suspension of Penitential Services, the following actions should be observed in all parishes, churches and mass centres in the Archdiocese:
- to reinforce the message that persons who are ill should not attend Mass, gatherings or meetings where there is a likelihood of close contact with another person.
- Hand sanitiser dispensers should be placed at the entrances of churches and chapels.
- As per advisory from the Ministry of Health, it is highly recommended that anyone who has travelled to China, Korea, Japan, Italy and Iran should observe some form of self-quarantine up to a period of 14 days from the date of return to Malaysia.
- The elderly, the sick and vulnerable persons are exempted from Mass. They are encouraged to follow the LIVE broadcast – http://Tv.ArchKL.org
- Scale down the number of meetings (or shorten the meetings to an hour or less) and to avoid any non-essential gatherings e.g. coffee mornings.