March 10 – Extracts of Media Update to Chancery Notice dated 6th March
for 6th marchCMRO/ ACMTF/01-2020
This is an extract from the Media Update to Chancery Notice dated 6th March 2020:
Confirmed Cases of COVID-19
- Two other parishioners of Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe (OLOG), Puchong have been tested positive for COVID-19. Both were persons who were in close contact with the first confirmed case in the parish (Patient X).
- Both admitted to Hospital Sg Buloh for treatment.
Persons Under Investigation (PUI) of COVID-19
- Two parishioners, who may have come into close contact with one of the new patients outside the parish on 1st March, are now under investigation and quarantined. Both been tested and awaiting results. Designated PUI.
Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe, Puchong
- The Parish Priest and the Parish Response Team (PRT) of OLOG have taken all necessary measures in compliance with instruction of the Ministry of Health, chancery notices, and medical safety protocols to ensure that the church premise remain safe for other parishioners.
Safety Measures & Protocol
- The Archdiocese and the PRT have a duty to maintain confidentiality and respect the privacy of those who are confirmed COVID-19 patients and PUIs.
- We strongly condemn all forms of bullying, discrimination and stigmatisation targeted at individuals, family members and fellow parishioners connected to the confirmed cases of COVID-19 and PUIs.