Oct 6: Chancery Notice Extracts
This is an extract from the Chancery Notice on 6th October 2020
COVID 19 Update on Pastoral Guidelines
- Temporary Suspension of all Public Masses in parishes located within Kuala Lumpur and the State of Selangor with immediate effect (commencing on the 7th of October 2020). Suspension will be reviewed before the 20th of October and the parishes will be notified accordingly of any future changes.
- Parishes located within the states of Pahang, Negeri Sembilan and Terengganu are to continue with scheduled Masses but should insist on pre-registration of parishioners wishing to attend Mass to ensure that non-resident persons travelling from other areas are NOT ALLOWED to participate in these Masses.
- Live-streaming of Masses will continue for the benefit of those who are unable to attend Mass in person. Please be reminded that the Archbishop continues to dispense the faithful from the obligation of attending Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation.
- Additional Measures for Parishes located in Kuala Lumpur and the state of Selangor:
- Catholics residing in Kuala Lumpur and the state of Selangor are requested to refrain from travelling to neighbouring states to attend Mass to avoid the risk of transmission.
- Celebrations of the Sacraments of Confirmation, First Holy Communion and infant baptisms should be postponed until further notice.
- Weddings should be postponed if possible. In the event that this is not possible, wedding guests list should be confined to immediate family members or a number not exceeding 20 persons. Persons falling in high-risk categories, 70 years and above and having pre-existing conditions are not allowed to attend.
- Funerals should be conducted with the attendance of family members only, with number of attendees not exceeding 20 persons. Persons falling in high-risk categories, 70 years and above and having pre-existing conditions are not allowed to attend.
Rev Fr Michael Chua
Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur