Nov 7: Chancery Notice Extracts
This is an extract from the Chancery Notice on 7th November 2020
1.0. Suspension of Public Masses for the Archdiocese of KL
- Most Reverend Julian Leow D.D., the Archbishop of Kuala Lumpur has decided to suspend all public Masses in all churches, chapels and Mass Centres within the Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur (including areas where public Masses have already been suspended prior to this) with effect from the 9th of November 2020. This will cover parishes, churches, chapels and Mass centres located in Kuala Lumpur and the states of Selangor, Negeri Sembilan, Pahang and Terengganu.
A) All parish staff (employees and volunteers) are requested to work from home where feasible.
B) The Parish Priest may require staff to come in on designated days for shorter hours for the purpose of essential work (accounting, bulletin preparation, cleaning, housekeeping etc).
C) Parishioners are required to deal with the parish office via emails.
A) All funeral Masses and services in the Church/Chapel are to be suspended during the CMCO.
B) A short prayer service may be conducted by the priest in the funeral parlour or home. This should be confined to immediate family members and should not exceed a total of 15 persons. All high-risked persons are not allowed to attend.
C) There should be no in-person vigil/wake prayers. Visits by guests should be limited to 15 minutes.
D) Funeral parlours located within churches may continue to operate with the above conditions.
A) All wedding Masses and services are to be postponed to a later date.
B) The Parish Priest can exercise his discretion to allow a simple ratification of marriages within his office in presence of the couple and their witnesses. The Parish Priest may in his discretion allow immediate family members to be present but he should limit the numbers to ensure that there is sufficient social distancing.
Sick calls and Home Communion
A) All home communion should be suspended during the CMCO;
B) Anointing of the Sick for urgent cases can continue. Please adhere strictly to the Archdiocesan Guidelines.
Period of Suspension
The above guidelines are intended to be temporary measures to avoid the spread of infection within our community. As the current situation remains fluid, these guidelines will remain in force until further notice. The Archdiocesan Crisis Management Task Force will continue to monitor the development of the situation and advise the Archbishop accordingly.
2.0 Clergy Appointment
- Reverend Fr Augustine Lee is the acting Ecclesiastical Assistant of the Archdiocesan Chinese Language Apostolate Committee (ACLAC) with effect from the 9th of November 2020.
3.0. Natural Disaster Relief
- Aid for Sabah - The Archdiocese in collaboration with with the Catholic Doctors Association of Malaysia (CDAM) will be providing medical supply in the form of N95 masks, gloves and hand sanitisers amounting to the sum of RM30k to assist the medical support team in affected areas of Sabah.
- Flood Relief to Seremban - The Archdiocese has disbursed a sum of RM30k to Visitation Parish to help with flood relief works.
- Contributions for the Disaster Relief Fund (formerly known as the Natural Disaster Relief Fund) can be made to the Central Online Bank Account (COBA) of the Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur. All payments made to COBA on the 7th and 8th of November will be used for the purpose of the Disaster Relief Fund. Details of COBA are as follow:
Bank Name: Alliance Bank Malaysia Berhad
Account no: 14082 0011 091047
A/C Name: Titular Roman Catholic Archbishop of Kuala Lumpur
Payment Mode: Bank-in or Online transfer
(Please include bank-in slip or online transfer slip to the above email address and include the recipient reference/name if official receipt is required.)
Rev Fr Michael Chua
Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur