Nov 19: Chancery Notice Extracts
This is an extract from the Chancery Notice on 19th November 2020
1.0 Archdiocesan Office of Human Development (AOHD)
- In consultation with the Board of Directors of AOHD, His Grace Archbishop Julian Leow D.D. has appointed Ms Teo Kar Im as the new Director of AOHD with effect from the 3rd of November 2020.
- His Grace has also appointed Reverend Fr Albet Arockiasamy, the Parish Priest of the Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe as acting Ecclesiastical Assistant of AOHD with effect from the 1st of December 2020.
2.0 Rite of Acceptance to the Catechumenate
- In view of the suspension of all public Masses and in-person activities in parishes within the territories of Kuala Lumpur, Selangor and Negeri Sembilan, the Rite of Acceptance to the Catechumenate (the Rite) cannot be celebrated in-person. The Parish Priest or Administrator may exercise his discretion to provide an on-line celebration of the Rite outside of Mass for the enquirers to be admitted to the Order of Catechumen on the first Sunday of Advent or such other date deemed suitable by the Parish Priest or Administrator.
- For parishes falling within the territories of Terengganu and Pahang, the celebration of the Rite within Mass may continue at the discretion of the Parish Priest or Administrator subject to compliance with the MKN SOP, state directives and Archdiocesan guidelines.
3.0 Advent Penitential Service
- His Grace Archbishop Julian, in consultation with the College of Consultors, has decided to cancel all in-person penitential services in the Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur.
- His Grace will be celebrating an online penitential service on the 18th of December (Friday) at 8.00 pm which will be live streamed on the ArchKL Youtube Channel.
Note: Penitential Service has been rescheduled to 7 pm, 18th Dec (Friday).
- This penitential service will include the Liturgy of the Word and an examination of conscience. In preparation for this service, the Archbishop would request penitents to observe penitential acts, such as prayer, fasting and abstinence, performing spiritual or corporal works of mercy, on any three (3) days of Advent.
- Due to the current public health crisis, where the faithful are unable to avail themselves of individual confession and sacramental absolution, they are advised to make an act of perfect contrition - which is:
- to repent from their sins out of love of God, who is to be loved above all things;
- express a sincere request for forgiveness (using one of the formulas for an act of contrition);
- Make a firm resolution to make sacramental confession as soon as this is possible.
- Individual penitents residing in non-red zones may contact the priests of their respective parishes to make an appointment for individual confession, where this is deemed safe and feasible.
Rev Fr Michael Chua
Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur