Jan 14: Chancery Notice Extracts
This is an extract from the Chancery Notice on 14th January 2021 - Update on Protocols during MCO and CMCO (with effect from 13/1/2021)
Having consulted the Archdiocesan Crisis Task Force and seeking to comply with the restrictions under the Movement Control Order (MCO) and Conditional Movement Control Order (CMCO), His Grace, Archbishop Julian Leow has made the following decree for the parish territories falling within the Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur.
1.0. Territories falling within MCO (Kuala Lumpur and Selangor)
- Public Masses remain suspended from the 14th of January until further notice.
- All other sacraments and services including baptisms (except in the case of emergency), confirmations, holy communion (drive through or home), weddings (Masses, services, ratification) shall be suspended with effect from the 14th of January until further notice.
- In cases of emergency, the Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick, confessions and viaticum may be given.
- Funerals ─- a short service may be done in the home or the funeral parlour in compliance with the MKN SOP. There shall be no funeral Masses in church.
- Funeral Parlours located in churches may be opened but there should be no wake prayers (except the funeral service by the priest under 1.4.). Guests may visit and perform short private prayers and thereafter depart immediately. There shall not be more than 5 persons within the funeral parlour at any single time.
- Parish Office ─- to remain closed during the MCO and office employees are to work from home.
2.0 Territories falling within CMCO (Negeri Sembilan, Pahang and Terengganu)
- Public Masses may resume in NON-RED ZONES from the 14th of January with a capacity of not more than one third of the total capacity of the church in compliance with the SOP of the relevant authorities.
- Weddings are to be postponed until further notice.
- Funerals may be conducted in the church with a capacity of not more than one third of the total capacity of the church. Funeral parlours located within the church may be opened in accordance with SOP.
- The Sacrament of Confirmation may be administered by the Parish Priest following Appendix F of the Archdiocesan Guidelines for Celebrating Sacraments. His Grace, Archbishop Julian Leow hereby delegates the faculty to administer the Sacrament of Confirmation to all Parish Priests and Parish Administrators within the territories located under the CMCO. Confirmation is to be postponed if the parish falls within a red zone.
- Parish Office ─- to remain closed during the CMCO and office employees are to work from home.
Rev Fr Michael Chua
Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur