Feb 02: Chancery Notice Extracts
This is an extract from the Chancery Notice on 2nd February 2021
- Chinese New Year (12th February 2021) - Friday Abstinence
"The Conference Bishops Conference of Malaysia, Singapore and Brunei at their last plenary (4-8 January 2021) decided to grants dispensation from abstinence to all the faithful celebrating the Chinese New Year in any way on the three consecutive Fridays, 12, 19 & 26 February (2021). However, all are asked to observe the regular fast and abstinence for Ash Wednesday on 17 February (2021).” (Paragraph 1.3.1 CBCMSB letter dated 10th January 2021)
- Observance of Ash Wednesday
- Due to the suspension of public Masses during the MCO 2.0 (which is expected to end on the 18th of February 2021), there will be no imposition or distribution of blessed ashes.
- The Archdiocesan Liturgical Commission has prepared a para-liturgy which can be used by individuals and families at home. The order of para-liturgy will be disseminated through your respective BEC and parish.
- The para-liturgy involves a Liturgy of the Word and the imposition of ashes done by members of the family.
- Ashes used during this para-liturgy may be made by burning old palms or other leaves that are available.
Rev Fr Michael Chua
Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur