Apr 15: Chancery Notice Extracts
This is an extract from the Chancery Notice on 115th April 2021 - Update on Public Health Safety Protocols
- Public Masses and the celebration of other sacraments and liturgical services to be resumed throughout the Archdiocese.
- Seeks the full cooperation of all parishes and the faithful to fully comply with the MKN SOPs, Archdiocesan Guidelines for Celebrating Sacraments and Chancery Updates on public health protocols (collectively known as “the public health protocols”).
With the emergence of sporadic positive cases in our churches in the last few weeks, His Grace would like to reiterate compliance with existing public health protocols and make these additional protocols to prevent the spread of infection within our communities:
- All Parish Priests and Parish Response Teams are to review and update their respective parish protocols so as to be in FULL compliance with the public health protocols.
- To minimise congregational singing, we would like to recommend that lyrics/ text of hymns not be projected and singing be done by only one or two cantors or pre-recorded.
- To ensure that the space for gathering/ worship are well-ventilated.
- To continue to keep a register of persons attending Masses, weddings, funerals and other services for purposes of contract tracing.
- To ensure that assigned seats (by seating area or by pews/rows) are allocated for the purpose of identifying close contacts.
- All Mass attendees (who are using this app) are required to show their scanned MySejahtera Check-in receipt at the registration counter.
All the faithful are to be both honest and charitable to consider their own health – both their potential to infect others and their susceptibility to infection. Parishioners or clergy who feel unwell or have flu-like symptoms should excuse themselves from attending Mass. Please be reminded that all the faithful are still dispensed from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation.
Rev Fr Michael Chua
Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur