June 1: Chancery Notice Extracts
This is an extract from the Chancery Notice on 1st June 2021 - Updated Protocols for the Period of Total Lockdown (FMCO)
- His Grace, Archbishop Julian Leow, in consultation with the Archdiocesan Crisis Management Task Force, has decided to update the following protocols in all parishes, churches, chapels and Mass centres in the Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur for the duration of the total lockdown:
- Suspension of all Public Masses — All in-person public Masses are to be suspended throughout the Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur.
- Live streaming of Masses — churches who have the capacity to live stream Masses in compliance with the MKN SOPs may continue to do so. The number of persons (priest, assisting ministers, media, volunteers etc) should not exceed 12 persons. These live streamed Masses are not to be opened to attendance by the public.
- Suspension of In-person Gatherings and Meetings — all in-persons gatherings and meetings in parishes, churches, chapels and Mass centres are to be suspended until further notice. Meetings may be held using online platforms.
- Parish Office — all parish offices are to be closed and staff are requested to work from home.
- Funerals — all funeral parlours located within church compounds may remain open but are subject to the conditions set out in the MKN SOPs. There should not be any wake prayers or visits apart from immediate family members, which should not exceed 10 persons at any one time. Funeral Masses are permitted with a total number not exceeding 12 persons (which should include the priest, assisting ministers and family members).
- Weddings — all weddings within churches are to be postponed until further notice.
Rev Fr Michael Chua
Archdiocese of Kuala Lumpur